Training for First Responders and Field Staff
CSS technical experts prepare and deliver essential training and information addressing worker safety and environmental hazards.
Delivering Classroom and Hands-on Training to First Responders and Field Staff
Preparing and Communicating Technical Information that Combines Best Practices, Agency Guidance, and CSS’ Extensive Field Experience
Emergency response events and hazardous sites present specific health and safety and technical challenges. CSS technical experts prepare and deliver essential information addressing worker safety and environmental hazards.
- We provided hands-on training at the EPA On-Scene Coordinator (OSC)/Support Personnel Radiation/Nuclear Response course. For this event, we set up a field Personnel Decontamination processing line and assisted course participants as they dressed in self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBAs) and disposal personal protective clothing.
- We developed and facilitated a three-day Chemical Agent Workshop to expand response capabilities following a Chemical Agent incident. Staff coordinated with EPA to prepare all materials for the training, which covered the basic chemistry of chemical agents, laboratory capability and availability, equipment demonstration, availability of internal EPA resources, air monitoring, and more.
- We trained 119 emergency response personnel during the Border HAZMAT Technical Training and led exercises and field demonstrations. We also developed equipment Quick Start Guides for students.
- We coordinated translation services for 60 attendees, as well as associated presentation materials, during the multi-day US-Mexico BiNational Knowledge Exchange and Tabletop Exercise.
- We supported EPA training exercises for natural disasters by preparing handbooks, forms, and other materials used by participants during the exercises.
CSS also supports logistics for training events and meetings. Staff research appropriate facilities, produce training materials and agendas; support registration; organize equipment and presenters; provide meeting facilitators, note takers, and translators (if needed); prepare After-Action Reports; and issue certificates to attendees.
CSS develops and implements security programs that continuously meet rigorous security compliance requirements on behalf of its customers.
Development support of NOAA/NOA OceanReports
CSS’s Team helped create the OceanReports web-based tool that assists in the analysis of coastal and marine resources for commerce, development, and conservation.
Pacific Ecological Services Division Project (PESD)
Since 1996 CSS has conducted field and lab-based research in support of the Pacific Ecological Services Division Project
Human Health Risk Assessment
We help advance the understanding of chemical effects on people and the environment.
Emergency Preparedness & Response
We help our clients prepare for and protect the health and environment of communities after disasters and hazmat releases.
Safety, Health, & Environmental
We provide our clients with tools to protect their workforce, the public, and the environment.
Our IT solutions meet clients’ evolving needs.
Earth & Space Science Support & Operations
We deliver scientific support to advance our clients’ research goals.
Satellite Data Applications
Helping create a more environmentally sustainable, weather-ready, and secure nation through application of earth observation data
Environmental Resource Assessment & Management
We apply science to address challenges affecting the nation’s natural resources.
Get in touch
Contact us to learn more about our projects, capabilities, solutions, and service offerings.